About Radfield Home Care
Radfield Home Care is a business built on a very clear sense of purpose. That purpose is the same today as it was more than 35 years ago when franchisors Alex Green and GP Dr Hannah MacKechnie’s parents first set up the Radfield business as a residential care home for the elderly in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
As the world has changed in many ways since then, the business has continued to be a leader in home care innovation. Under the vision, passion and leadership of brother and sister Alex and Hannah, Radfield Home Care is now a multi-award winning home care business, operating nationally through a network of franchise partners and providing exceptional care and support to clients and their families every day in their own home.
What has always remained a constant is a simple and powerful purpose…
To make ageing a more enjoyable and rewarding experience for all involved.
This is what inspires, drives and guides everything the business and its franchise partners do.
As Hannah explains; “Care is amazing. Great quality care can transform a moment, a day, even a relationship. Care should be about making people feel understood, valued and supported. About enabling people to live their best life for as long as possible. That’s what exceptional care means to us. It’s what we grew up with, how our parents inspired us and now we’re proud to be working with outstanding franchise partners to take the Radfield standard of care out to the nation.”
Look no further than Radfield’s unique Caring for our CarersTM pledge to see how the business makes good on its commitment to providing the best care possible. Exceptional care starts with exceptional carers, which is why Radfield Home Care focuses on best in class training and support for its team of dedicated care professionals.
How does the Radfield Home Care franchise model work?
Everything starts with a little chemistry. Radfield Home Care is a business built on people and relationships. The first step is to make sure it’s a good match between you and the business. How will a partnership with Radfield help bring exceptional home care for the elderly to your community? Does Radfield feel right for you? Do you feel right for Radfield?
You don’t need any prior care experience. Radfield Home Care’s dedicated franchise support team are on hand to help you recruit a registered care manager. Your care manager is a key role, as they’ll take on responsibility for daily operations like care management, compliance and staff.
While your care manager will handle most of the day to day operations, you’ll become a local care champion in your community. Franchise partners are all different, they come to the family from many different backgrounds. They all share a passion for care that counts and a drive to build relationships locally to bring it to more people. Your main role is to get out there, network and meet people. Let them know about Radfield Home Care in their community, make sure that when they need home care they want to choose the Radfield Home Care brand and your team.
You’ll get the right training and lots of support to help you. And you’ll come with a determination to be more than just a franchise partner, to become a Radfield Home Care champion in your territory.
Here’s how Alex sums it up; “We love bringing new franchise partners on board because it’s like adding another member to our family. Hannah and I have run local offices ourselves, so we know what it’s like and we know what it takes. If you’re approachable, enjoy meeting new people, a good listener and also willing to put yourself forward then we’d be very keen to hear from you. As our franchise family grows so does the impact we have and that’s what makes it such an exciting opportunity.”
Why choose a Radfield Home Care franchise?
When you become a Radfield Home Care franchise partner, you become part of a national family of local care champions. It’s a life-changing opportunity and experience.
- Recession resistant with rising demand: Radfield Home Care continued to grow throughout the 2008 recession and following years and has seen further growth during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s a robust business model in a market that continues to expand as the UK’s population continues to age.
- A proven model backed by the right support: Crowned Emerging Franchisor of the Year 2019 by HSBC and the British Franchise Association. Recognised in many other franchise, business and care awards locally and nationally. A constant presence in Homecare.co.uk’s Top 20 National Provider Awards for three years in a row.
- A family-run business with an ethical approach: Caring for our CarersTM means you become part of a great place to work with a really supportive culture, Real Living Wage, employee recognition schemes and lots of opportunity to build and grow a career in care. As a UK based family-run business Radfield Home Care is free to make its own decisions based on what it believes is the right way, with a strong, clear purpose at the heart of everything it does. This is different from the major brands which are US owned and controlled.
- Leadership with real experience: It’s fair to say that Radfield Home Care’s franchisors have been there, done it and got the t-shirt. Having grown up within a residential care home, worked there themselves and then run local home care offices, not to mention caring for their own parents and grandparents through Radfield, Alex and Hannah understand care in all its glory. They’re actually the franchisors with the most experience of care in the home care marketplace.
- Forward-thinking and agile: While Radfield Home Care today is built on the experience of many years, it’s also shaping the future of home care. The business was an early adopter of digital care planning software, while many others are still using manual, paper-based systems for recording client visits, medication records and staff rosters. Right now the team is driving developments in new technology for remote care to help keep clients safe and families reassured even when a care professional is not there in person. This will be an additional service that you can offer to your clients.
What support and training do Radfield Home Care franchise partners receive?
As you’d expect from a business that’s rightly proud of its Caring for our CarersTM pledge, people are at the heart of Radfield Home Care. And that means you’ll be supported from the very first steps and beyond on your journey with the business.
To get you started all new franchise partners get access to an industry-leading induction and onboarding training programme. The quality of this programme was one of the big reasons behind Radfield Home Care being named Emerging Franchisor of the Year 2019 by HSBC and the British Franchise Association.
You’ll cover off everything from compliance, CQC and care delivery through to business development, technology and financials. It’s a programme designed to set you up for success.
Training doesn’t stop there. In fact, it doesn’t stop. As long as you’re a Radfield Home Care franchise partner you’ll get exclusive access to training opportunities that range from monthly webinars to external training days from the likes of Google and Indeed.
Not only that, but you’ll also have a dedicated franchise support manager. They’ll be there to work closely with you to help you develop and grow your business. Maybe even add new territories along the way. The wider business support team is backing your success all the way. Specialists in all operational areas they’re working constantly on everything from search engine optimisation and monitoring of compliance records to creating new recruitment campaigns. And they’re on hand to support you in any way they can.
How much does it cost to start a Radfield Home Care franchise?
Once you’ve been accepted in principle into the family as a new franchise partner, you’ll need to be in a financial position to make the right level of investment to get set up. You can think of this in two parts.
Firstly you’ll need your Radfield Home Care franchise fee. This is £30,000+VAT. Next you’ll need working capital to get the business up and running. This is typically around £55,000. So in total £90,000 with some contingency.
Thanks to Radfield Home Care’s well-established and recognised business model, a number of high street banks are willing to lend up to 70% of this initial investment. This means you will need at least £27,000 of your own capital to get started.
Then, on an ongoing basis, there’s a 5% + VAT management fee and a 1% + VAT national marketing contribution.
What do I need to think about before contacting Radfield Home Care?
Alex Green, Co-Franchisor; “Both Hannah and I saw first hand what a career in care is all about. We watched, and later helped, our parents build an amazing home for the elderly with compassion and support at its heart. Now we’re taking that same quality of care out of our home and into the homes of thousands across the UK. Both of us have had a wealth of experience outside care at home, I’ve worked in both finance and community projects, Hannah’s been a practicing GP. We came back to care at home and to build the Radfield Home Care business and brand, because we know just how rewarding it can be and because that’s where our own passions truly lie.”
Dr Hannah MacKechnie concludes: “Make no mistake it’s not always easy. You can expect to be challenged and have moments where it feels really tough. We believe anything that’s worth achieving in life is going to take a bit of commitment. So if you’re ready for a new direction, looking to set up your own business and up for a challenge please get in touch. Who knows what we could achieve together!”
How can I get started setting up my own business?
Easy. Just fill in the enquiry form on this page and Ed Gill, Radfield Home Care’s franchise recruitment manager will get in touch for an initial chat, answer any questions you’ve got and talk about the next steps.